The Street Dancer of Memories

I'm gonna make this pretty quick ( having had no plans to write but then the feeling sank in me). Just a heads up before reading: This is a bit childish and personal than my usual self. Here goes:




It's a holiday around here but ironically gloomy for a day to also celebrate some local street dancing in our university since it's Sport Fest Week.  This street dancing has become the latest trend around the campus instead of the cheer dance competition. Seriously, I prefer this new one. It gives some bit of the University flavor as well as "Filipinoishness."

Anyway it was last year that I was so bright and happy about the Sports Fest. Never in my life did ever feel the campus fighting spirit than that time, that event, and that moment. The street dancers were so happy some dance for the win, some danced for mere completion and others got lost in rhythm.  But anyway it was a very good show I was smiling ear to ear. Well perhaps, blame it on the person who surprised me upon showing up on those merry making days, which I later learned he rarely joined.

Now I got your attention side tracked with that new character I mentioned there. But anyway my point is: some things become more meaningful when surprises, youth and randomness are there. Best laid plans sometimes take a long time to achieve. Not to mention the fear of proposing the plan can also give a delay. See? Sometimes when you just go with the freedom, the emotions and the carefree attitude  that overwhelms you, no matter how topsy turvy those feelings scream in your head, just do it. Sure enough there's joy waiting at the end of the line. Simple yet happy.

 I have to admit, as young as I am I feel like that moment was centuries ago.  Things change even the good ones. Which is why I'm left to "sigh" and recall this rainy day. Did you ever get the same feeling as I do? Well tell me what you've got. Pretty sure enough there's always those days when some of us closet people become emotionally helpless like the off beat street dancers lost in yelps of the screaming crowd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We write to improve. Tell me what you think bout this post? :)